Exciting News to Share
The Board of Directors of Oakland County Credit Union are pleased to announce plans to partner with Vibe Credit Union with the intent to merge. This exciting new partnership will provide the very best in financial services to the combined membership, employees, and local communities.
This partnership will create the 13th largest credit union in the state of Michigan and the 6th largest in Southeast Michigan. The combined Credit Union will be nearly $1 Billion in assets, employ over 250 employees, and serve more than 64,000 members.
Benefits for You
The combined resources from this partnership will create the 2nd largest number of credit union branches in Oakland County with thirteen combined locations. In addition, there will be two branches in Wayne County and one in Macomb County. Due to this branch expansion outside of Oakland County, we have decided to change our name to Vibe Credit Union to better reflect our ability to serve all of Southeast Michigan. You will also have greater access to cutting-edge technology as well as innovative products and services.
We are thrilled that members will be able to take advantage of the Credit Union’s expanded services including:
- More branch locations to serve you. You will soon have a combined total of 16 branches to access your accounts. Over 63% of the members of the combined Credit Union will be within a 10-minute drive from their home to a branch.
- Same great dedication to incredible member service. Combining two great service cultures will allow us the ability to expand and support the amazing service you are used to.
- Better rates on savings and loans. The combined financial resources will allow us to offer even more market leading rates.
- More products and services to improve your financial life. Faster development and delivery of additional products and services to better meet your needs.
- Same knowledgeable, friendly, smiling employees. We know how much you love the staff at our branches, and they will be right here to serve you. OCCU will continue its passion for giving back to the communities it serves and have even more resources, to do more and volunteer more, as we support the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.”
Committed to Keeping You Informed.
Thank you for being a loyal Oakland County Credit Union member. As always, we are committed to keeping you informed every step of the way during this exciting new partnership. We will be having two member informational meetings to provide you with the answers to any questions that you may have about this partnership.
We invite you to attend one of our Town Hall meetings:
Monday, May 14th | Vibe Southfield Branch 6:00pm | 26595 Evergreen Road, Southfield 48076
Wednesday, May 16th | White Lake Oaks 6:00pm | 991 N. Williams Lake Rd, White Lake 48386
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please call 800-815-6237 to speak to a member service representative in our Member Contact Center.
It’s an exciting time as Oakland County Credit Union is moving forward, growing stronger, and providing more for you.
- Click here for the Official Press Release of the Partnership
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here for L. Brooks Patterson Endorsement LetterGo to main navigation