Mission & Vision Statements
A member-owned financial institution committed to quality service and sound financial management. We believe in the philosophy of “People helping people.”
Oakland County Credit Union offers membership to anyone who works, worships or resides in Southeastern Michigan. Established in 1953 primarily for the purpose of serving Oakland County employees and their immediate families, we have expanded our field of membership to the local community. Today, OCCU has grown into a full-service financial institution owned by its nearly 30,000 members.
With six branches to serve our growing membership, OCCU offers a complete menu of financial products and services. Vehicle loans, savings products, credit cards, mortgages, and financial planning are only a small sampling of a lengthy list of possibilities our members enjoy.
As our Mission Statement, Vision Statement and list of Core Values say below, we are here to serve our members the very best we can. Like all credit unions, OCCU relies on an active, participating membership to thrive. We are proud that the cooperative spirit at OCCU is healthy and vibrant.
That’s why we say, “We succeed together!”
Oakland County Credit Union is committed to making a positive difference in the financial lives of our members and in the community we serve. We want to be the financial institution that our members choose first, use the most and grow with throughout their lives.
- Oakland County Credit Union is organized as a financial cooperative to enrich our member’s lives.
- Oakland County Credit Union is committed to excellence in member service and product offerings.
- Oakland County Credit Union’s employees are one of the most important resources in this organization. They will be treated with respect and dignity.
- Within Oakland County Credit Union, we will communicate openly and honestly with each other, our members, and the community in which we serve.
- Oakland County Credit Union employees will act professionally with each other and with our members at all times.
- Oakland County Credit Union will constantly strive to strike a balance between the needs of the individual member, membership, and our employees.
- Oakland County Credit Union is not for profit, not for charity, but for service.